Friday, August 15, 2008

What did people think about my blog?

After 10 days of publishing my blog, it's time to check my traffic. Yes, it's reality check time!

I sent emails to my friends and posted the URL of my blog on my favorite forum. Like other bloggers, I hope that people would be interested, decide to come visit my blog and like the content I presented. And they sure did!

Friends, do you know you really made my day?

What did people say about the blog? The feedback I received was good. They like my blog. They said it's helpful...YEH!! That's encouraging.

Anyway, the funny thing is they didn't post their comments here at the blog. People let me know by sending me an email or posting their comments on my favorite forum instead. Why? I don't know but surely would like to know. Looks like if I want to add comments, I might have to do it myself..hahaha. :).

Back to the traffic tracking, I am pleased with the result so far. Like I said, I couldn't believe people actually read my posts.

I created the blog on Aug 5th and as of Aug 14th, 08, I had 57 unique visitors or about 5.7 visitors per day. Total pageviews were 498 which were very nice. Per visit people spent about 12.14 minutes reading my posts. Wow!! that's great! Bounce rate is quite low. That means the content of my blog didn't scare people away. The visitors didn't run away from site as soon as they opened the page.

Where did my visitors come from? I am curious to know, too. Did my friends in Thailand visit the blog? The blog is writen in English for the most part, so that might be a problem. They might not like it because we don't speak English in Thailand.

Well, as you can see, I had 104 visits from the U.S. and 9 from Thailand. The number of pageviews per visit from Thailand was lower than the number from America but it's not bad at all. People from Thailand browsed almost 2 pages. That's a high number for me.

Would you like to know more which province in Thailand my visitors were coming from?

5 of them were from Bangkok and 4 were from Phisanulok. Thanks for visiting, guys!

How about people from the U.S.? Did I know where they were? Let's check it out.

They came from 10 different states. Again, guys, thanks for visiting!

I don't want to overwhelm you with statistics and such. Just want to give you some basic idea. So, let's revisit the site stats in the next 10 days or so and see how things go. See if I have any returning visitor or any visitor at all :).

If you have any question or comment, please let me know.

I try make my blog useful and entertaining at the same time. Also, try to update it as often as I can. Hope you enjoy reading it.

11 comments:

  1. Wow....I never knew that the traffic (I have no clue what it is) could really tell you this much detail. It's quite amazing that you can find out where your readers are from or how long they spend time on your blog!!

    Anyway, keep up the good work na ka, P'Gee. Your blog is really helpful and entertaining (like your dog on the treadmill 5555). I'll for sure come visit it as many times as I can.

    เพื่อน

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puen ~~ Thanks for the support!
    Glad you like my blog and found it helpful and entertaining. That's my goal. :)

    I will update the traffic report in the next 10 days or so and will add some new metrics to it. Hope you will find it more amazed after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making this blog. It's very helpful. Please keep posting and count me in as your student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet! You are now officially enrolled. I will send you a name tag...just kidding! :)

    Glad you like my blog. Come visit as often as you want...ja.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much nakha P'Jee to making this blog, i really love it and come to read a new topic everyday...

    Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks...ja, Care. Glad you enjoy reading my blog. People like you brave enough to leave a comment will inspire other people who are shy. This blog is all about people helping people.

    What else would you like to talk about? I bet there are many people who would like to talk about your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Gee...Wow this traffic data is so meaningful. I really appreaciate if you can share "As how to get that Statistics". Or can we use Google Analytics to get this statistics. If yes than again please guide me...

    Regards,
    Manish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manish,

    Your blog looks great! Looks like you already found the way to use GA to track your traffic. :)

    I am happy to share with you and others some more about what I find regarding GA. If you have any tip or suggestion regarding web analytics tool, please let me know, too. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gee,
    Come to your blog by chance. Find it interesting especially the article on how to cope with the economic meltdown. I think it'll soon come to Thailand. Quite a number of us seem unfortunately unaware. Thanks for an interesting article. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree Thailand will soon be affected inevitably by the U.S. economy crisis. It's a chain reaction when the big country like America stumbles, a small country like Thailand will be hit sooner or later. Hope we will set a priority and be ready for it. All the best to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what you have done is cool! (not sure my english is correct) the traffice,statistic...wow!

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents and pictures copyright (c)2008 - 2010 thai-in-america unless otherwise noted. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.